30 January 2009
First, can you say martial arts Bollywood movie? I want to see it! ( you have to double click in order to actually watch it)
And second, I finally got that Bollywood exercise video and it is FABULOUS! You feel like completely ridiculous while doing it but it is SUCH a good workout. The best thing about for me is, unlike other exercise videos, you can get a really good workout even if you don't do things exactly right. Which is good since I have no rhythm. So is anyone up to a bollywood dance/exercise party?
29 January 2009
1. I got married 8 days after my 19th birthday and don't regret it one bit.
2. I have a major crush on Daniel Craig, closely followed by Christian Bale.
3. I'm actually not that fond of toddlers. I think they're adorable and hilarious but prefer them in small doses.
4. I had more patience before I had a child.
5. You know how some people have trouble losing weight? Well, I have trouble gaining it. (and it's not as nice a problem as you would think it'd be)
6. I've known since I was 12 that I will be the one to take care of my parents in their old age, and have planned my retirement accordingly (and no, they did not coerce me into it, I made the decision on my own). (I'm the responsible child)
7. I miss Fredericksburg with all my heart but will never live there again.
8. Bacon, onions, and vanilla coke are my favorite things in the world.
9. I want to have a lot of kids. Like 7 or 9. If the Harmon line dies, it will not be MY fault.
10. I read. a lot. and quickly.
11. My mood is directly related to how much sunshine there is.
12. I love the desert tremendously but am not sure I could give up my trees.
13. I get overwhelmed really easily. And when it happens I have a tendency to retreat from public life.
14. I am painfully shy- overcoming that is a constant battle. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose.
15. Growing up people thought my brother and I were twins 'cause we're the same size (and still are). In reality we're two years apart.
16. I want to renovate my house like it's going out of style (and it is).
17. I want to visit every continent and all 50 states before I die.
18. I buy children's books based solely on the illustrations. Ones from the 60s and 70s are my favorite.
19. Once we're retired and I don't have kids to take care of anymore I want to go to UVA and get my masters in Landscape Architecture.
20. I am sick of Max eating my food. Real sick.
21. I like to make things.
22. I am really stubborn. It's not a good trait. And Max has it too so all I want to do is beat my head against the wall some days.
23. Max is only two but he can already physically push me around. (he's a third of my weight, go figure)
24. I'm a direct descendant of Geoffrey Chaucer- I think he's my ninth Great-Grandfather.
25. I'm distantly related to both George W. Bush and his wife Laura Bush through marriage.
28 January 2009
26 January 2009
23 January 2009
It doesn't look like he's dressed warm enough in the pictures (swishy pants and tennis shoes?) but assure you had had on about 4 layers AND I was successful in keeping a hat on him!
This last photo is my favorite from the day- that was the exact expression I got every time I tried to talk to him. The "mom, I'm busy with the snow. Leave me alone" face.
All the snow is pretty much melted now, but I'm hoping we'll get some again!
20 January 2009
I just wanted to say congratulations and wish you well on your term as president of the United States of America. Your election shows how far we've come as a country and I hope your term proves to be as historic. I may not share your same political beliefs, but I know you will do what you believe is right for this country and I can't demand any more than that. I hope the next four years are as full of hope and (gasp!) change and all that feel-good stuff as your campaign was.
BUT, what I want I really want to say is THANK YOU. Thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart for bringing Chicago deep dish pizza to Washington D.C. That, in my opinion, is monumental. Every time I visit our nation's capital and have a belly full of that warm, flaky deliciousnees, know I will be thanking YOU in my heart.
ps. I think your family is swell.
12 January 2009
ok, so this is a really bad picture of us, but basically what I saw in the mirror today while playing with Max. He is GINORMOUS compared to me! I knew he looked huge when I held him, and normal sized when Rob does, but I had no idea it was this dramatic! It's hard to believe I pushed that cannonball out of me- I'll occasionally put the hat I'm wearing in the picture on him, and I'm sorry to say it fits him almost the same. He really is going to be bigger than me by Kindergarten.
08 January 2009
Anyway, I came across this picture from a trip to the farmer's market last fall and had to share.
I just love my child.